Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Networking

So, I drove all the way down 2 Bethesda last night 2 attend the relaunch of Indie Managers in hopes of connecting with managers, radio people and other artists. I hadn't done a networking event in a long time, and damn, I really need 2 be out there! I met many fantastic people and just got an overwhelming positive vibe from the whole thing. Very happy I went.

Somebody said "networking is everything." Maybe that's what I've been doing wrong. I've been so caught up in the minutia that I've neglected the big picture which is you need people helping you to get anywhere. Here I am sending out press kits, getting flyers done, trying to figure out where I can perform and sell CDs, when I need to just be out meeting folks.

One thing I learned from last night, I've been doing a lot, but it still isn't nearly enough. I have 2 refocus my priorities in order 2 maximize my time when I'm not stuck in jail (jail being my desk job).

But I think something really good is going to come from last night. I can just feel it.

"Good things will come in due time." - Saturn, Good Things Will Come

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home